Television‘s companion Website has been launched at:
Please note, this link is different from the one originally advertised and the one printed in the book itself. (Hopefully, this will be corrected in future printings.)
The Television companion website offers a full array of online resources for both students and instructors.
- A Do-it-Yourself Video Editing Exercise allows students to rearrange the order of shots from a TV commercial using video editing software to see how shot order has an impact on the story.
- A Do-it-Yourself Sound Exercise allows students to apply different music clips to a TV commercial to show how sound impacts images.
- Tutorials on capturing stills from video and high-definition video, and a clip-DVDtutorial.
- Glossary of key terms used throughout the book.
- Interactive Flashcards help students to learn key terms.
- Full-color Image Gallery of nearly 300 images in the book.
- Video Links that correspond to the links highlighted in the book.
- PowerPoint Presentations provide lecture outlines for each chapter, and include every image in the book.
- Sample Chapters from the Third Edition and Fourth Edition.
- Sample Syllabi help instructors design their course and incorporate the text into their teaching.
- Sample Student Papers, including narrative analyses and critical analyses of popular television shows.